For me it even got to the point where I was just leaving the celery out of the recipe since it didn’t seem worth it to buy a whole stalk for just 1 or 2 celery sticks. Then I tried a trick I use with my onions and diced the whole celery and placed the extra in a freezer bag and stuck it in the freezer.
This trick works great for any recipes where it’s okay if the celery is a little soft like in casserole dishes and soups.
Tips & Tricks: Batch Chop Celery
How to Batch Chop Celery for freezer storage:
- Clean celery stalk.
- Remove unwanted edges.
- Dice using your favorite method. I prefer using my veggie chopper . Makes chopping so much easier.
- Add to freezer ziplock bags. Do not fill bags too full. The fuller they are they harder it will be to break chunks off later.
- Label freezer bag.
- Store in freezer laying flat.
- Once frozen, bags can be stood up and moved for easier storing.
- When needed, just grab the bag out of the freezer, give it a few whacks on the counter and then pour out the amount you need.
Tips & Tricks: Batch Chop Celery can be used in:
- Apple & Craisen Dressing