Some recipes call for softened spinach and I have found that the easiest and quickest way for me to get this done is with the microwave.
Tips & Tricks: Softened Spinach with Microwave
How to quickly soften spinach using a microwave:
- In a glass dish or measuring cup, fill with water to about half full.
- Microwave water until it comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Take it out and add a couple of handfuls of spinach to the boiling water and let set for just a few minutes.
- Drain water completely in a strainer.
- Place spinach on a few paper towels and tightly roll it up to remove any excess water.
- Remove spinach from paper towels and add to your recipe as needed.